Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week 4 - Add Students to facebook

I recently changed the focus of my action research because of the changes that I wanted to establish in my classroom.  I have made a website for the students and parents so that they can stay better connected with everything my choral program has to offer.  The next step was to poll the students about their use on facebook.  I found that roughly 90% of my students used facebook and were familiar on how to navigate around the online social network.  With that many students involved on facebook I decided to create a facebook page that would be dedicated for my students.


I created the page and I found that it was very easy to find a lot of my students on facebook.  I added a few students and facebook automatically started sending me suggestions on other friends to consider which were mostly my students.  I was able to gather 110 students in just a week and a half.  The best part about using facebook with my class is that it allows me to send suggestion about websites and other material that is educational.  So far I have found it to be a very beneficial tool to enhance student learning and peer interaction outside of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment