Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 4 - Mediating and Monitoring Facebook



So you have established your facebook site for your kids and you have added groups for them to join.  What is your role from here?  I have made it very clear to my students that I am the administrator of each group and I will be monitoring the online interactions that they make so that students will be responsible for the content that they post.  Cyber bullying and offensive posts will not be allowed and will be reported.






It is important that students learn how to interact with each other online in a respectful manner.  Some students find their way on sites like facebook and their parents do not understand what they are doing and posting.  By establishing my page for my students I have in turn become their friends and can see the activity that they are doing as long as it is posted.  I check through it to make sure that students are behaving online positively and this allows me to help them understand how to use a social networking site properly if it is not being reinforced at home.





No comments:

Post a Comment