Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

MAC Wimba Session


I was not able to attend the Wimba session for Media Asset Creation class this past week due to a performance.  This time of the year gets mighty busy for music teachers with performances and end of the year business.  I will admit that I was unsure of what I needed to do for the week until I watched the Wimba archive.
I am not much of a blogger but this class requires a lot of blogging and discussions, so I will just have to get used to it.  The Wimba session clearly defined all the assignments for the month and how you should plan your weeks.  Everything was organized well on a powerpoint presentation and all of my questions were answered once I watched it.
I am very glad that we learned about copyright laws this week.  I find that I am always trying to educate others about these laws because the general public has not taken the time to educate themselves about the laws.  I have had many concerts that are recorded by other individuals, which get posted on YouTube.  I will admit that I love seeing our performances and other performing groups on YouTube, but I know that it is against copyright laws.
I was glad that we touched on action research information in our first Wimba session.  I have a better understanding about what I need to get done on my action research for this month and I am already working towards getting these things done.  I am still uncertain as to whether or not I am going to write a paper or do a presentation for our final project but I am sure I will come to a conclusion soon.  Overall the Wimba session gave me a clear understanding of the course and I am glad that I will be able to make the next one for week 2.  I will see everyone there!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment