Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wk 1 Response 2

Michael Woods orignal post:
http://youtu.be/fM_4YpXoetw


Michael,
I love the fact that you decided to do a video for your blog post!  The story that you told about using the images from the comics to better your own artistic creativity is very similar to how most people get started mastering their own art.  I remember watching every magic show that I could when I was young.  I studied everyone’s movement and gestures and tried to mimic what they were doing.  Trying to first learn how they were doing magic led me to create my own style of magic but I would not be where I am today with out those models.
I also see that same use of modeling or copying when it comes to learning how to sing.  Singing can be hard to teach because you have to learn what it feels like to produce a good tone.  Most great singers learn by copying their instructors.  They will often say “sing it like this…” and they will sing an example for them to try to replicate.  In order to learn how to do something well, we must first learn how to copy or imitate it.  I think that you made some great points in your blog.  Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment