Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wk 4 Reading Response


 Andrea Bocelli and Jason Reed after performing
at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV.

The Art of Possibility chapters 9 – 12

Now that I have finished the book, I can say without a doubt that it is one of the best books that I have read.  This book opens your mind to consider new ideas and ways to look at different situations that you will encounter in your life.  It has a musical emphasis however all of the principles discussed can be related to many different real life situations.  I recommend this book to anyone who whishes to know and understand themselves better and find guidance and meaning in there own lives.  It has helped me to open up my mind and break down the different limitations that I put on myself.  It has helped me understand the different possibilities that I have, and it has helped guide me towards a better self-understanding.
            Out of the last 4 chapters of the book, chapter 10 was most influential for me. It talks about viewing yourself as “the board.” The book uses a great example of a car accident involving a parked car and an intoxicated unlicensed driver crashing into the parked car.  It would be clear that the intoxicated driver would be 100 percent at fault for this accident however being the board means that you must first declare that “I am the framework for everything that happens in my life” (p. 142). By declaring this statement you will come to understand what “being the board” means and it will help you understand that you are in control of every situation, rather then having the situation be in control of you.
            I find that I often make excuses about different situations that I get into.  I sometimes point the blame at other people and their actions, but never really gave much thought about “being my own board.” As I look back at my life and the many different struggles and situations that I have been in, I can see that if I would have viewed myself as “the board,” I would have had more confidence and taken more responsibility for how the events unfolded.  I am very grateful that I was given the chance to read this book and I hope that my blogs inspire you to read it as well.  You will learn a lot about yourself and life in general if you decide to read it.  This is one book that I recommend that everyone reads, and start living life to it’s fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment